A Pro-Life Proclamation Against Violence
WHEREAS, we live in a society where violence is often portrayed, in the entertainment industry, as the solution to our problems; and
WHEREAS we are frequently faced with people, in all walks of life, who act out this violence in schools, post offices, fast food restaurants and other public venues, and
WHEREAS, there have been a number of recent acts of violence perpetrated against abortion industry personnel; and
WHEREAS, certain individuals and groups have taken the responsib8ility for these acts and claim to be part of the pro-life movement; and
WHEREAS a small number of allegedly pro-life groups have hailed those perpetrating violent acts as heroes; and WHEREAS the media have given inordinate publicity to these allegedly pro-life fringe groups wile ignoring the statements of the established, genuine pro-life organizations and leaders condemning the violence…
We…do hereby issue this Proclamation in order to set the record straight:
WE DECLARE that the deliberated cold-blooded killing of a human being, from fertilization to natural death, is always wrong. This belief is the essence of what it means to be pro-life… Thus we do hereby proclaim that it is the purpose of the pro-life movement to restore full legal protection to all human beings, from fertilization to natural death, using peaceful and prayerful means in the pursuit of that goal.
In furtherance of this purpose, we call on:
- The entertainment industry to stop the glorification of violence on TV, in the movies, in video games, and elsewhere.
- The news media to accurately report the total aversion to violence of all the major pro-life groups in this nation.
- Our elected officials, at all levels of government, to endorse and work for the passage of a Paramount Human Life Amendment to state and federal constitutions that would do nothing more and nothing less than recognize basic human rights inherent to every human being from fertilization to natural death.
- The abortion industry to stop the violence against helpless children.
- Every pro-lifer to reject violence and those who commit violent acts.
- All perpetrators of violence to recognize that, far from being pro-life crusaders, they are nothing more than common criminals.
[this Proclamation is presented by American Life League and can be viewed with the list of endorsers at www.all.org]