Planned Parenthood officials and supporters have tried to convince the public that they deserve $500 million in taxpayer funding they receive each year.
Alliance Defending Freedom put together the following list of deceptions:
1. Planned Parenthood provides essential care women can’t get anywhere else.
2. If Planned Parenthood loses funding, other clinics will be overwhelmed with new patients.
3. Defunding Planned Parenthood would actually increase abortion.
4. Planned Parenthood wants to reduce abortion.
5. Planned Parenthood cares for poor women in rural and under served areas.
6. Only 3% of Planned Parenthood’s services are abortion.
7. Planned Parenthood is a good-hearted “non-profit.”
8. Planned Parenthood is “relentless” about screening for breast cancer.
9. Planned Parenthood is needed to reduce sexual transmitted infections.
10. Redirecting funds from Planned Parenthood to trustworthy care providers would create a women’s health apocalypse.
These simply are not true.
There is a series of short videos explaining each of these misconceptions that can be viewed here:
Share these videos with your family and friends and encourage them to spread the truth about Planned Parenthood. It’s time to set the record straight.
Help distribute The Truth Behind Planned Parenthood — http://humanlife.org/product/the-truth-behind-planned-parenthood/?utm_source=Copy+of+Help+us+share+life+saving+materials!&utm_campaign=Planned+Parenthood+Deceptions&utm_medium=email
[22 Sept 2015, Human Life Alliance email, http://www.humanlife.org]