End of Life
To what does ‘End of Life’ refer?
This section includes all aspects of late-in-life issues and imposed death. Definitions and basic information about euthanasia, assisted suicide, and VSED are provided as well as an archive of end of life articles.
Activities and methods related to end-of-life situations include palliative care, terminal sedation, organ donation, and non-heart beating donation (NHBD).
Potential responses to avoid unethical actions related to end of life issues, such as durable power of attorney and advance directives, are also discussed in this section.
- Belgium [Legally] Euthanizes First Minor Child under Law
- Assisted Suicide for Psychiatric Patients: Canada and Its Carter v. Canada Law
- New Mexico Supreme Court Unanimously Upheld New Mexico Assisted Suicide Law
- Age-Adjusted Suicide Rates for Females and Males, by Method — National Vital Statistics System, USA, 2000, 2014
- She Killed Herself in an Assisted Suicide, But Could Brittany Maynard Have Been Saved?
- Jahi McMath: Brain Death Cases Similar to Oakland Teen Found Throughout State / Is it Really ‘Brain Death’?
- Changing the Definition of “Death” Turns Human Beings Into Exploitable Commodities: Commentary
- Assisted Suicide Victory in New York Appellate Division