Why Should I Control My Hormones?
- No risks or side-effects of "the pill", "the shot", the IUD, or other contraceptives.
- No chance of getting a Sexually Transmitted Disease
- No chance of getting pregnant
- I can be a good role model for my friends and family
- I won’t resent doing something I really don’t want to do
- I won't have to worry that someone will find out what I did
- I’ll respect myself
- 1 million teenage girls get pregnant every year (averages to 20,000 per state)
- 3 million teens get an STD every year (averages to 60,000 per state)
- One of every 4 new cases of HIV is a teen — AIDS doesn’t care how old I am.
- Do I want to risk having full-blown AIDS for my 25th birthday?
Some STDs stay forever; some STDs can kill.
I only have one future…
- Less stress
- No worry of pregnancy
- No worry of STD infection (providing I’m also drug-free)
- Fewer things to disagree about
- Easier to stay emotionally and physically healthy
- Peace of mind
- I’ll know I’m loved for ME, not just for my body
- Better control over my life
- It’ll be less painful if we break up later
- It will be easier to tell my future spouse about my past
So I'll have time
- …to learn about my feelings, and about me
- …to spend with all my friends, and make lots of new friends
- …to learn about relationships and how to show love without the complications of sex
- …to talk and develop fuller communication with my dates
- …to postpone parenting until I’m in a caring marriage relationship
- …to do volunteer work to help others and learn about different careers
- …to study
- …to really get to know my family
- …to learn the difference between sex and true love
- …to find the right person
It’s the smart choice of the thinking generation
It’s THE "responsible behavior"
It takes self-control
It builds trust
- In myself
- In my friendships
- In my future marriage
Some scars never heal…
Abstinence makes the heart grow fonder
Sex is worth waiting for
I am worth waiting for
It’ll give me control over my life and my body…
Then I'll know I'm Stronger than My Hormones!