Resource Booklet: ‘Your Brain on Porn’
Neurons that fire together, wire together.
Like other addictive substances, pornography floods the brain with dopamine.
A consistent rush of dopamine traveling to the limbic system rewires the brain’s reward pathway and ultimately changes the makeup of the brain.
This can result in an increased appetite for pornography.
According to the author, there are five primary ways pornography effects the brain.
1. Watching porn decreases sexual satisfaction. It trains us to desire the variety and “designer sex” of porn more than the familiar sexuality of marriage.
2. Watching porn disconnects people from real relationships. It trains individuals to detach emotional involvement from sexual experience.
3. Watching porn lowers ones view of women. It trains the viewer to see women as sexual commodities, not people created in God’s image.
4. Watching porn desensitizes the viewer to cruelty. It numbs those watching to the seriousness of verbal and physical aggression.
5. Watching porn makes people want to watch more porn. It taps into the neuro-circuitry of the brain, forming a desire for the rush of sexual energy from porn again and again.
Learn more about the effects pornography has on the brain by downloading a free copy of Your Brain on Porn. Sex is highly glorified in our culture. Between risqué ads and promiscuous characters, the average American will see 15,000 sexual references a year on television alone.
Many popular shows like Game of Thrones are pornographic, yet millions of Americans, both Christian and non-Christian, watch them on a regular basis.
With porn so prevalent, it’s easy to think it’s no big deal.
In the free booklet, you can learn the 5 ways pornography warps your brain, including how porn:
-decreases sexual satisfaction
-lowers one’s view of women
-desensitizes the viewer to cruelty
You’ll also learn how… quality fellowship renews your mind and moves you toward freedom from porn and sex addiction.
Download your FREE copy of Your Brain on Porn http://www.covenanteyes.com/brain-ebook/?utm_campaign=your-brain-on-porn&utm_content=38362633&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter
Abstinence Clearinghouse, 28Sept16